"Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it
is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of
course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want
to escape from these things." ~T. S. Eliot

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you
did, but people will NEVER forget how you make them feel ~ Maya Angelou

I've always been drawn to things that display class, glamour, and beauty

Song of the Day

September 01, 2008

Turn The Page

I grew up in a small town in Michigan, barely enough people to have a football team, but the town managed to have a small school and about 1600 attending and that was K-12.

Going thru elementary the memory that always come back to me is when we use to wait on the band room steps before the bell would ring and sometimes we would even play a game of tag and the boy that carried the drum set with him home and back to school everyday..he was the hottest boy in 5th grade..Larry Fisk.

Then in high school the memories that come back to me are many and far too many details but I guess the memories that I'm most fond of is when we all gathered around either the front furnace thingy or the one by the bathrooms...we would all gather there and here comes Mr. Wayer making us break it up or Mr. Hendricks just had to look at us and we'd know that it would be time to move on.

When we were in home room just before lunch we would always pick on Mr. Hornack til his veins on his neck popped out or his face was so red he'd do this weird shaking of his head and act like a dadgum retart.

We found out at graduation that he was done being a homeroom teacher because the class of 1980 dang near killed him! He also had some fond memories of us like when as a class we pulled together when it was time for us to work on the homecoming parade floats or when we had to put together the senior class of "79" Prom night, together he said "each and everyone of us played as a team player" and he was "proud of us'.

Also growing up in a small town, you just don't get to the big city much but when you did you either went Shopping, to a Concert, or a Party out at Tony Gall's house on friday nights after the football games.

The memories I could go on and on but I know I'd pretty much bore you and lordy me I don't want to do that.

I don't know if I'm really tapping into my authentic self or what but music is playing an important role in my life right now and when I search thru my memory bank, the good memories, the ones I want to hold on to forever are in there and most of all my love for music and playing it. I also came to love Bob Segar, Journey, REO Speedwagon, Loverboy, Queen, and Pink Floyd..... lordy are class song was "Another Brick in the Wall".

1 comment:

Mommy of two. said...

Reading this made me think of all those damn saturday mornings when you woke josh and I up so freakin early to....CLEAN! and we would listen to bob,REO speedwagon and that one chick dad likes to listen to, cant think of her name. or how you would leave us our lovely to do list...god how we hated those, and we always waited till a half an hour before you got home to do them hehehe:) unless dad was home of course then we did them right away! I always wanted my kids to grow up in a small town even though we didnt but i am not sure we'll be doing that, looks like my kids will be army brats!!