"Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it
is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of
course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want
to escape from these things." ~T. S. Eliot

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you
did, but people will NEVER forget how you make them feel ~ Maya Angelou

I've always been drawn to things that display class, glamour, and beauty

Song of the Day

September 07, 2008

Contre-Jour.."against the light"

So today I decided to take on an assignment, seeing that I'm not going to Tami's today and after getting my pedicure it has inspired me somehow..plus I need something different to adjust my creativeness, if that makes sense. But on DPS they had an assignment and, well here it is take note...



***Latest Assignment: Contre-jour (27 Aug - 10 Sep)
Contre-jour is a french term meaning "against the light". Take a photo that exploits lighting and plays with under and over-exposed areas to dramatic effect - in other words, the opposite of HDR approaches, which try to compress the range of contrast.



Here is an example I took in Santiago de Compostela when I visited back in March:



Because my challenge is lighting I thought I'd fight it and do something about it and work with this lighting stuff...have no clue, I do join as many groups as I can on Flickr and Facebook but I'm going to beat this bad boy...Lighting and natural lighting is so beautiful if you get it right so the more I practice the better I'll be on a whole and then just keep getting better and better and better, I'm sure you get my point!!!


So I'm going to do some searching around and see what I can find around here so off I go and hopefully the next time I post I'll have what I need and then next weeks assignment is early part of the day, sunrises, work commutes, breakfast, etc. Shots for morning should be from between 3 September and 17 September.

Go ahead do the assignment it'll challenge you as a photographer and get better and better!

No comments: