"Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it
is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of
course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want
to escape from these things." ~T. S. Eliot

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you
did, but people will NEVER forget how you make them feel ~ Maya Angelou

I've always been drawn to things that display class, glamour, and beauty

Song of the Day

September 18, 2008

Graditude: Awaking the Heart


Has this ever happened to you? You picked up a book and a sentence leaps off the page as if it had been written just for you. Or you hear a revelation in the lyrics of a song. Sometimes an angel seems to whisper in your ear.

This morning I relized that I am emotionally and physically exhasted from concentrating on things I want to buy but can't afford. I feel trapped in a vicious circle. The more I focus on lack of and what I couldn't have, the more depressed I get and the more I focus on lack of. At this moment I'm acknowledging the deep longing in my heart. What I really am hungry for is inner peace that the world can not take away.

As I read Laura's post today about "Gratitude", I began to relize that I had much more in my life to be grateful for. I felt humbled by my riches and regretted that I took for granted the abundance that already exists in my life. I started a list of things that I'm grateful for and once I started that list just keeps growing. Some of the things that I'm grateful for are my health, my wonderful husband, my 3 happy and health children, our home,our dog Jack who brings us companionship and joy, a pantry full of food, we are also blessed with wonderful family and friends that understands and deeply care about us.

When I look at my life as a whole I relize that I am a very rich woman. My personal net worth couldn't possibly be dertermined by the size of my checking account. It dosent' matter how I become aware of this all that matter is that I am aware and nothing can compare to an afternoon lunch with an old friend or being home when the school bus pulls up by the drive way, or I sit on the phone for 3 hours with a friend that really matters to me.

Thank you Laura for making my heart be grateful for the things that I need to be grateful for and humbling myself to understand it.

2 comments:

klasieprof said...

I have also found to concentrate on what I HAVE not on what I lack. Everything is happier in my life when I do that--I laugh more, sing more and smile more.

Penny said...

Klasieprof- thanks for the encouagement..I love to laugh!!!