"Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it
is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of
course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want
to escape from these things." ~T. S. Eliot

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you
did, but people will NEVER forget how you make them feel ~ Maya Angelou

I've always been drawn to things that display class, glamour, and beauty

Song of the Day

May 24, 2009

Think before Speak

I found this in some old notes I had on my computer.

In the bathroom of a restaurant yesterday:

I'm in one stall.
There's a lady in the stall next to me taking a pee.
There's a lady in the stall next to HER retching.

I'm out first. At the sink, washing my hands. The lady who had been next to me comes out and leans toward the mirror to check her make-up. The lady who was retching comes out, holding a wad of toilet paper to her mouth. She's in uniform so we learn she is an employee of the restaurant.

Retching Lady: I'm sorry ya'll. (Dabs at mouth.) Sorry.
Make-Up Lady: Well if you're sick you shouldn't be here. If you have a stomach virus you should go HOME!
Me: (Drying hands.)
Make-Up Lady: You need to go HOME. You are SICK and I certainly don't want you around MY FOOD. Go HOME if you have a stomach virus!!
Retching Lady: (Steps up to sink to wash face and hands.) I'm sorry.

At this point the Make-Up Lady - the GO HOME - NO GERMS NEAR MY FOOD lady - turns around and slams out of the bathroom. Get this.... without washing her hands. And it's not like she forgot. She had plenty of time before Retching Lady came out of her stall . But no - she checked her make-up and had started to leave when Retching Lady came out. SHE HAD NO INTENTION OF WASHING HER HANDS.

Me: (To Retching Lady) So you're pregnant, huh?
Retching Lady: (Smiling) Yeah. Two months!!

This is a life lesson. Don't be a bitch, and always open the bathroom door by either pulling up your shirt as a barrier between your hand and the handle, or grab some paper towels to cover your hand. (I do both.) You never know when a nasty bitchy dirty lady just walked out.


I Enjoy Being A Girl Flower Drum Song Movie: (I think it alittle over the top but I thought I'd add it since she did)

No comments: