"Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it
is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of
course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want
to escape from these things." ~T. S. Eliot

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you
did, but people will NEVER forget how you make them feel ~ Maya Angelou

I've always been drawn to things that display class, glamour, and beauty

Song of the Day

February 09, 2009

Today With Joel and Victoria

You Have the Advantage

Today's Scripture
"…His favor is for a lifetime…" (Psalm 30:5, AMP).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

One definition of the word "favor" is an advantage for success. When you put God first, when you obey His commands, you open the door for His favor–you have the advantage for success! Even if someone may have wronged you and it looks like they have the upper hand, even if it looks like things are never going to change, you need to keep reminding yourself, "I have an advantage. God is in control of my destiny. He’s fighting my battles for me. He is my Vindicator. And it's just a matter of time before things change in my favor."I love the Scripture in Hebrews that says, "Don't cast away your confidence." One translation says, "…for payday is coming." In the difficult times, you have to remind yourself that payday is on its way! God is a faithful God. If you'll keep doing the right thing, honoring Him, expecting His favor, God has promised He will pay you back. He will restore everything in your life that the enemy has stolen so you can live the abundant life He has promised to you.

A Prayer for Today

Father in heaven, thank You for Your grace, mercy, and everlasting favor. I open my heart and mind to You and receive everything You have for me. Thank You for restoring and healing every area of my life. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments: