"Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it
is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of
course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want
to escape from these things." ~T. S. Eliot

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you
did, but people will NEVER forget how you make them feel ~ Maya Angelou

I've always been drawn to things that display class, glamour, and beauty

Song of the Day

July 30, 2008

RIGHT WITH YOU...

When I woke up this morning I smiled, I smiled because I felt good and thanked God for one more day and I promised I would do what was right today. That leads me to say, that I stayed in bed and watched noggins with my daughter and heard her laugh, and say "Mommy I love you", and to fix her breakfast, to be able to feel I was doing the right thing.

I quit my job on Monday because a lack of respect from someone that I had a lot of respect for, with everything he has endured in the last 3 or 4 years...I thought I was doing right by helping him out and him helping me out. I found out that was not the case, and I had to do what was best for me...I came home looking for a argument from my husband but I got words of encouragement, and praise that I did the right thing.

I've been praying and trying to figure out my journey in life, and all I come up with is being home with my daughter and taking care of things here at home but can I do this, with prices of food going up, gas prices way up, and a mortgage that keeps a roof over our heads and then I opened notes I have when studying the book of Esther, (Yep, I read it),

Whatever your place in life, God can use you. Be open, available, and ready, because God may use you to do what others are afraid even to consider..

Although we may not understand everything around us, we must trust in God's protection and retain our integrity by doing what we know is right.

No matter how hopeless our condition or how much we would like to give up, we need not despair, God is in control of our world.

Because God is in control of history, he is never frustrated by any turn of events or human action. He is able to save us from the evil of this world and deliver us from sin and death. Because we trust God, we are not to fear what people may do to us; instead we are to be confident in God's Control.

I was no longer going to be disrespected by someone that didn't have the right to disrespect me. I stood up to him and with God in control of my life, I did it, I did what was right.

When out numbered and powerless it is natural for us to feel helpless. Esther and Mordecai resisted this temptation and acted with courage. It is not enough to know that God is in control; we must act with self-sacrifice and courage to follow God's guidance.

It takes great wisdom to survive in a non believing world. In a setting which is for the most part hostile to Christianity, we can demonstrate wisdom by giving respect to what is true and good and by humbly standing against what is wrong.



When people do what is right, it is because they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous.
1 John 3:7



Big Daddy Weave sings "Every Time I Breathe"

No comments: