"Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it
is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of
course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want
to escape from these things." ~T. S. Eliot

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you
did, but people will NEVER forget how you make them feel ~ Maya Angelou

I've always been drawn to things that display class, glamour, and beauty

Song of the Day

June 13, 2008

Seeing Adversity The Right Way

Anytime God is about to take you to a new level you’re going to face opposition. There will be new battles to fight and new obstacles to overcome. It’s easy to get discouraged and think, “Why is this happening?” But we have to change our thinking and focus on the fact that on the other side of those challenges is a new level of victory—a new level of success. David would only be known as a shepherd boy if it weren’t for Goliath. David’s enemy became the tool that God used to promote him. And God will do the same in your life today. He’ll use those challenges and difficulties in your life to catapult you towards success! If you are going through a hard time today, if things look impossible, don’t give up now. Change your perspective and believe that God is working behind the scenes. Put a smile on your face and stand in confidence knowing that you are a child of the Most High God. When all is said and done, you’re not just going to come out of that difficulty, but you’re coming out stronger, wiser, and better than you were before! That problem is going to be the catalyst for God to open supernatural doors of opportunity for you! Stand strong in the Lord today and trust that what the enemy meant for your harm, God will turn around and use to your advantage. He’ll take you places you never dreamed and cause you to rise higher and higher in every area of your life!


Thanks to Joel Olsteen for the message and the hope.


I know that the challenges that are ahead of me are going to be difficult, but if I face these challenges then I'm going to be such a better person and more confident women in everything that I do and I will change my perspective and believe that God is right there beside me.

My smile is on, and I know that I am a child of the Most High God!!!! I believe I'm going to be OK.

Thanks for listening and go ahead leave me a note or two, I'm going to need them. Thanks again

2 comments:

Ruby Rideout said...

Hey Penny :)
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting on my posts. You seem like such a kind hearted soul and I'm so glad you stopped by. I'm sorry about your SIL in the DV issue. Very very sad. That project changed my life. I encourage you to do something similar. (and tell me!)

I'm reading this particular post about Seeing Adversity the right way and it has me thinking deep about something I'm confused and unsure about. I'll write about it next on my blog so look out for it and tell me what your thoughts are.

Anyway, it comforted me to read your words, so thank you.

I'm not sure what journey you are talking about specifically for yourself, but I do hope and pray you get wherever or whatever you want with Gods blessing and him guiding you in the right direction.

Penny said...

Ruby,
Thank You!!! Your incrediable and thank you for your prayers and your kind words you will never know how much I needed these words at this time so again thank you.