"Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it
is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of
course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want
to escape from these things." ~T. S. Eliot

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you
did, but people will NEVER forget how you make them feel ~ Maya Angelou

I've always been drawn to things that display class, glamour, and beauty

Song of the Day

January 16, 2009

Don't Give Away Your Power

Today as I was going thru my emails and came upon Joel Osteen his message today hit home and I've not had a bad day in a short while but the last 2 days have been not so great..So when I read this today and listen to his message http://www.joelosteen.com/_layouts/Champion.aspx?date=2009-1-15
I thanked God today for this encouragement I got and will rise above.

"You can tell a lot about a person by what it takes to get them upset. Our emotions are either controlled by our circumstances or our character. When someone is rude, our emotions say, "Pay them back. Get even", which doesn't take much discipline! But when our strength is under control and we've taken the time to develop our character, we realize, "I'm bigger than this. I'm not going to let them pull me down. I've got places to go, goals to accomplish and dreams to bring to fruition."
3John 2 says that God wishes above all thinks that we prosper and be in health. God desires to prosper our entire soul- our mind, will and emotions. If we can learn to control our emotions and how we react to those who treat us unfairly, God sees and will reward us for our Christ-like character.
We can't always control how others treat us, but we can control how we react to others. We're not supposed to drag through the day frustrated, upset and offended. We're supposed to be full of joy, peace and victory.
By learning this principle of not giving away your peace and developing your character, you're not only going to enjoy your life more, but God will bless you, increase and promote you!

No comments: